Sunday, April 5, 2009

Back Roads with Jeff

It was a beautiful, sunny spring day. We took the liners out of our jackets and headed south to play around on back roads between Franklin and Columbia, TN. I wanted to show Jeff the fun to be had on Old Natchez Trace which winds around the new Natchez Trace parkway for a few miles. Lots of twisty curves and beautiful scenery.

I used my action cam with a helmet mount, and cobbled together some road video. Our improvised route led us to Williamsport Fishing Lakes, where the video ends.

Left or right? We purposely got ourselves a bit lost. We had a little "where in the world are we" powwow at this intersection.

At one of these many "right or left?" decisions, Jeff chose right... I led the charge, and to my delight the road turned to dirt right around the corner. But... I didn't get too far before Jeff honked and flagged me down. For some reason he didn't want to ride his cruiser in the mud. Go figure.

Darn... Jeff ruins it just when my boots are getting in the mood.

We pulled in to find out what the Williamsport Fishing Lakes are. Jeff was practicing his "scary biker" look.

"You should have seen the one I caught back in 1989..."

We decided to follow the sign and view the wildlife.


Wildlife? I wish, but my life is pretty mundane.

Wildlife was here. Was here.

WHERE IS THE WILDLIFE?!

Trees are alive. This one's kind of wild. Wildlife, right guys? Right guys? Right?

OOOOHHH... I get it. The wildlife is a caterpillar.

Pretty lakes. Lousy wildlife. Time to go find lunch.

But first a scenic stop on the Trace.

Cool panorama thingy. If you want you can see the wide image here. The view is much better than the picture suggests. The camera wanted to focus on that darned power tower.


Dynamic Duo

Terrific Trio??

And finally lunch, cheap lunch.

We made a beeline for home to try to get ahead of predicted violent thunderstorms, so there was no more time for picture stops. But by the time we got near home it was obvious that the storms wouldn't hit for a few more hours. Not ready to get out of the saddle yet, I followed Jeff to his workplace. Jeff is groundskeeper and general keep-things-working man at The Castle Recording Studios. He graciously let me take a few pictures.










Another day well spent.

1 comment:

  1. John still hasn't washed his bike. Sport/tourer mindset I guess. For our next adventure for the CABG (candy ass biker gang) I have a route in mind in the Nolensville area.
    Jeff

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Franklin, TN, United States
Just another rider... (on a 2008 Suzuki SV650)