Sunday, April 26, 2009

To Hwy 85 with the Tennessee Riders

Total miles: 328
Weather: High 70's F.
Route: approximate
Click the map to go to an interactive version.

The Tennessee Riders have been meeting every Sunday for years. They are skilled riders with many many miles on their tires--riding with them stretches me and I learn crucial lessons each time. You can join them on a ride, just don't show up in shorts and a t-shirt: this is an ATGATT crowd.

Meeting at McDonalds on Sunday at 8 a.m.

Bikes: 2 Suzuki SV650's, 3 Yamaha FJR's, 1 Yamaha FZ1, 1 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom, and 1 Honda ST1100

Cato Coati gets some love
This gentleman no longer rides a bike, but follows the group in his Mustang.
Phyllis: pillion rider extraordinaire.
Riding the green road...



Stopping to rest at a beautiful spot: Granville Veteran's Park

To missing heroes


Playground for the kids...

This is some of what we came for: lots of twists and turns on TN-85/TN-52 between Livingston and Jamestown TN. I'm a new street rider, so this was a challenging road for me. I've made a lot of progress, but I still have tons of work to do to confidently speed up my cornering. Here's a little video from my helmet cam.



I split off from the group on the way home and stopped by Dale Hollow Dam and Lake - posted separately.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a great time, I have never been to TN. There is sooooooo much beauty, I bet this is very soothing to your soul and balanced thinking. take care and be careFULL, I am not a Bike fan myself and they are dangerous, but I guess if you are going to live it up-go for it. love Auntie frannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a ride I would like to go on. Say...where is that bald headed dork you ride with??

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Franklin, TN, United States
Just another rider... (on a 2008 Suzuki SV650)